Sheltered housing is accommodation specially designed or adapted for elderly people. Eligibility for sheltered housing is based on age and need. We do not have a waiting list for sheltered housing. If you would like to be considered for sheltered housing, you will need to contact the housing associations directly.
Listed below are the housing associations that own sheltered properties in the Carlisle region.
1. Riverside Carlisle (formerly known as Carlisle Housing Association), English Gate Plaza, Botchergate, Carlisle, Cumbria, CA1 1RP
Tel: 0845 345 8500
2. Anchor, Customer Contact Centre, Milestone Place, 100 Bolton Road, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD1 4DH
Tel: 0845 140 2020
3. Abbeyfield Carlisle Society, 11 Goschen Road, Carlisle, Cumbria, CA2 5PF
Tel: 01228 523597 or write to The Chairman, 89a Warwick Road, Carlisle, Cumbria, CA1 1EB
4. Hanover Housing Association, The Wave, 1 View Croft Road, Shipley, West Yorkshire, BD17 7DU
Tel: 01274 599686
5. Housing 21, Resource Room, Marigold Court, Old Fold, Gateshead, NE10 0DZ
Tel: 0370 192 4630
Cumbria County Council provide Residential Care (external link).