Improvements to kerbside recycling services from 12 June 2017
We are extending kerbside recycling to more properties and asking residents to sort their recycling slightly differently.
The changes include:
- Food and drinks cartons (tetrapaks) can be recycled along with cardboard and paper in your green bags.
- Paper will now be collected from a green bag, instead of a green box.
- Collection days, weeks and times may also have changed - please check your calendar carefully and place your containers out by 7am so you don't miss the collection.
- Refuse wheeled bins and garden waste wheeled bins (as applicable) are emptied together on the same day (different vehicles) - see the purple key on your calendar for both bin collection dates and the black key (for refuse bin only) during the winter months, when garden waste is not collected.
- Green boxes and green bags are emptied together on the same day by the same crew
- If you need green boxes or green bags, please collect them from the Civic Centre or to order a delivery call 01228 817200 or email: [email protected]
For more information on which items can be recycled in each container please see our how to recycle guide. New waste collection calendars have now been posted to all residents. You can check your calendar using the postcode finder below. Thank you.
Bank Holiday Refuse and Recycling Collections
Collections over a bank or public holiday are usually a day later than normal (with the exception of Christmas). Please refer to your refuse and recycling collection calendar or use the postcode search below for collection dates.
Grey refuse wheeled bins (fortnightly collection)
Collection dates and information about using your bin are highlighted on your waste collection calendar, which can be downloaded using the form above. More information about using your refuse wheeled bin can also be found on your questions answered page.
Gull-proof reusable sack (weekly collection)
Please bag all your refuse into a refuse sack(s) and place the sack(s) into your reusable gull-proof sack. Make sure you close the lid and use the ties to loop through the handle and bow loosely across the top. This short video will show you how to use your gull-proof sack. Leave it out on the collection day by 7am (or no sooner than the night before) and take it back in promptly. There is a pocket on the sack to mark your house number. To find out which day we collect your gull-proof sack each week, type your postcode into the box above. Collection calendars have been posted to all residents and you can check your collections dates online using the postcode search above.
We will only collect rubbish that is contained within your gull-proof sack. Please do not place any additional waste beside your gull-proof sack.
Swap to a smaller gull-proof sack
There are two sizes of gull-proof sack available. If you don't produce much waste you can swap your existing gull-proof sack for a smaller one free of charge by bringing it into the Civic Centre.