Animal Licensed Premises
Officers from Regulatory Services inspect premises every year to ensure that they comply with licence conditions. Premises are also subject to additional checks to ensure standards are maintained.
The standards relate to structure, safety, security, infectious disease control, and the suitability of the licence holder. The aim is to:
- ensure minimum standards of welfare for animals
- prevent the spread of disease and
- ensure the safety of the public visiting these premises.
Periodic inspections are carried out to confirm standards are maintained, and in response to complaints.
Our advice to anyone using these premises is always:
- check they are licensed, and ask to see the current licence
- inspect the premises prior to leaving your pet, buying an animal, or taking a riding lesson
- ensure that riding schools have current public liability insurance
You and your premises need to be registered with the Council.