Carlisle City Council's Publication Scheme
One of the aims of the Freedom of Information Act is that public authorities should be clear and proactive about the information they make available to the public. These publication schemes are intended to encourage organisations to make more information available including any legal notices and to develop a greater culture of openness.
Central to this, Section 19(2) of the FOI Act sets out the requirements for a publication scheme. A publication scheme must specify:
- The classes of information the council publishes or intends to publish;
- The manner in which they will be published;
- Whether the information is available free of charge or on payment of a fee.
Our publication scheme is based on 8 classes of information:
- Who we are and what we do
- What we spend and how we spend it
- What our priorities are and how we are doing
- How we make decisions
- Our policies and procedures
- Lists and registers
- The services we offer
- Legal Notices
Your comments and feedback
We welcome comments and suggestions on how we can improve the scheme, as it is important that the scheme meets your needs.
Please send your feedback to the email or address below.
E-mail: [email protected]
Corporate Information Officer
Carlisle City Council