You are Here : Residents  >  Benefits and support  >  Benefits FAQ
Wednesday , February , 21 2018

Frequently Asked Questions

Find out more benefits support answers with our FAQ page

  FAQ Search Bar

When your Benefit will end ?

We will end your entitlement to benefit in the following circumstances;

  • If you move out of Carlisle City Council’s area. If you move within our area, we will suspend your claim until you complete a new change of circumstances form to avoid any overpayment;
  • Your partner dies and he or she was the previous claimant. You will need to reapply in these circumstances. A claim form can be found in the downloads section. A Visiting Officer can assist you with reclaiming if you are elderly or disabled;
  • Your benefit entitlement is reduced to nothing by an increase in your income;
  • Housing Benefit is paid on account (temporarily) but you fail to respond to a request for further information after one month; or
  • Housing Benefit is suspended and you fail to respond to a request for information after one month;

If at any time your claim is suspended or ended, we will tell you what we have done. You can appeal against our decision to end your claim if you disagree with it but you must appeal in writing within one month of us telling you your claim has ended.

This A to Z of services list provides links to service pages alphabetically