Councillors' Register of Interests
Which councillors need to register their interests?
The law requires (Local Government Act 2000) all members and co-opted members of district and parish councils are to complete a Register of Interests form to register their financial and other interests. A Register of Interests form must be completed within 28 days of being elected.
The register of interests includes:
- Details of any employment or business carried on by them.
- The name of their employer.
- Details of people who have paid towards election expenses.
- Contracts between themselves/their firm and the Council.
- Interests in any land in the area; details of any directorships.
View councillors' register of interests
Each Councillor’s register of interest form is uploaded to their page and can be viewed here: City Councillors (http://cmis.carlisle.gov.uk/cmis/CarlisleCityCouncillors.aspx)
Parish Councillors (http://cmis.carlisle.gov.uk/cmis/ParishCouncils.aspx)
District and parish councillors' register of interests
The Monitoring Officer maintains the full register of district and parish councillors' interests. The public can inspect the register, by appointment, between the hours of 9am and 4.00pm at the Civic Centre, Carlisle.
To book an appointment, contact Democratic Services on the details below: