We are seeking a highly motivated Environmental Health Officer to cover a 12-month maternity period.
Responsible to the Principal Health & Housing Officer and positioned in the Food and Public Protection Team, the post holder will be required to undertake a wide range of Environmental Health duties, including:
- carry out proactive and reactive food hygiene inspections and interventions
- investigate food complaints and give advice on food safety related matters
- investigate cases of infectious diseases and food borne disease.
- investigate health & safety accidents, complaints and give advice on health and safety related matters
- Nuisance investigations of commercial businesses
- undertake the registration of cosmetic piercers and tattooists
- inspect and enforce premises licensed under the Animal Welfare (Licensing of Activities Involving Animals) (England) Regulations 2018
The essential qualifications are BSc in Environmental Health, or similar approved qualification.
The applicant must have excellent communication skills and be committed to providing a high standard of service.
The post will be 37 hours per week and may include evening and weekend work. The post holder will therefore be expected to work flexibly depending on the needs of the service.
We also offer an excellent benefits package with flexible working, a generous pension scheme and fabulous development opportunities.
For an informal discussion please contact Andrew Smith on 01228 817098.
If you would like to apply for this post please complete an application form which can be found on the top of this page, job description (please note Stages 4 and 5 of the job descrition are applicable to this post) can be found below.
Please return your completed application no later than 12 noon on Monday 13th July 2020 to email [email protected] quoting the vacancy ref V1919.
It is anticipated that the interviews will take place week commencing 20th July 2020.