Responsible to the Principal Health & Housing Officer and positioned in the Food and Public Protection Team, the you will be required to undertake a wide range of Environmental Health duties, including:
- carry out proactive and reactive food hygiene inspections and interventions
- investigate food complaints and give advice on food safety related matters
- investigate cases of infectious diseases and food borne disease, including the enforcement of COVID-19 legislation and assist the local COVID-19 Track and Trace programme.
- investigate health & safety accidents, complaints and give advice on health and safety related matters
- nuisance investigations of commercial businesses
- undertake the registration of cosmetic piercers and tattooists
- inspect and enforce premises licensed under the Animal Welfare (Licensing of Activities Involving Animals) (England) Regulations 2018
The essential qualifications are BSc in Environmental Health, or similar approved qualification (please refer to Stages 4 & 5 of the Job Description/Person Specification below for this particular post).
You must have excellent communication skills and be committed to providing a high standard of service.
The post will be 37 hours per week and may include evening and weekend work. You will therefore be expected to work flexibly depending on the needs of the job.
For an informal discussion please contact Andrew Smith on 01228 817098.
We offer an excellent benefits package with flexible working, a generous pension scheme and fabulous development opportunities.
If you would like to apply for this post please return your completed application form no later than 12 noon on Wednesday 28th October 2020 to email [email protected] quoting the vacancy reference V1936.
It is anticipated that the interviews will take place week commencing 2nd November 2020.