We are looking for a qualified Web and Application Developer to design and develop functional programs and applications.
The successful applicant will be required, in the short term, to assist with the development of the corporate web site whilst helping to develop, maintain and support our other Windows / Web applications.
A great Application Developer has excellent knowledge of at least one programming language. They must be familiar with a variety of operating systems and platforms. The ideal candidate will also have an analytical mindset and a keen eye for detail.
We are looking for an ambitious developer that is looking to expand their skill set in a supportive environment. You will have the opportunity to define and shape the future direction of the web and desktop development journey at Carlisle City Council and manage your workload.
A team player, willing to get their hands dirty that is a good communicator and enjoys producing excellent solutions that give the end user exactly what they need.
- Understand client requirements and how they translate in application features
- Development of the Corporate website’s back end integration using third party API’s where appropriate.
- Deal with third party system support issues where necessary.
- Collaborate with a team of IT professionals to set specifications for new systems and applications
- Ability to translate technical requirements into plain English
- Defining requirements and designing creative prototypes according to specifications
- Write high quality source code to program complete applications within deadlines.
- Troubleshoot and debug applications.
- Evaluate existing applications to reprogram, update and add new features.
- Develop technical documents and handbooks to accurately represent application design.
- Experience in designing and building GUI’s and desktop applications.
- Proven experience in web development
- Understanding of relational databases such as SQL Server
- In-depth knowledge of programming for diverse operating systems and platforms using development tools
- Excellent understanding of software design and programming principles.
- A team player with excellent communication skills
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving capability
- Great attention to detail and time-management skills
- Qualifications in a relevant field
For an informal discussion please contact Laura Griffiths on 07935 003 200.
We offer an excellent benefits package with flexible working, a generous pension scheme and fabulous development opportunities.
If you would like to apply for this post please return your completed application no later than 12 noon on Friday 14th May 2021 to email [email protected] quoting the vacancy ref V1963.