Stony Holme golfers are being reminded to sign up in order to retain their membership at the Carlisle golf facility.
The site is now managed by Mack Golf on behalf of Carlisle City Council and new pricing arrangements will come into force from March. Existing members are being reminded that they need to set up a new membership. Any existing annual members will have the balance of their annual membership and subscription honoured by Mack Golf until it expires.
The new prices are as follows:
- Seven day pass is £450 per year or £45 per month;
- Week day pass (Monday - Friday) is £350 or £35 per month;
- Under 25s pass is £175 per year; and
- Under 18s pass is £50 per year.
Current senior concession members will also be able to sign up to a discount for their first year of membership. The staggered increase will cost £29.75 a month for a week day pass or £36 a month for the seven day pass. An annual pass will cost £297.50 (week day) or £360 for a seven day pass. After the first year, the prices will revert to the standard membership costs.
Cllr Anne Quilter, Portfolio holder for Culture, Heritage and Leisure, said:
“The Stony Holme clubhouse has undergone an extensive restore and repair programme. We would like to thank all the users of the course for their patience during the building works. New management arrangements have been in place since last December and to ensure the golf course remains sustainable in the future, price increases are necessary. Although some members will have to pay more, the prices are still substantially cheaper than other facilities of its type. We will also continue to subsidise the facility and would encourage existing members to sign up to take advantage of the introductory offers. We also encourage new members, particularly younger golfers, to also join up.”
Anyone interested in signing up as a member, should contact Mack Golf at 01228 810570, email [email protected] or call into the golf course based on St Aidans Road, Carlisle. More information is available at www.mackgolf.co.uk/stony-holme-golf-course
- The Stony Holme golf course and clubhouse was extensively damaged by Storm Desmond in December 2015 and work was undertaken by Carlisle City Council to repair and restore the building. The golf course and greens partially reopened in April 2016 and was one the first of the council’s flood-damaged leisure sites to be operational after work was undertaken to restore the course.
- Mack Golf is a specialist golf operator and manages around 20 courses around the UK.
- The existing golf membership costs £32 a month or £320 a year. Senior Citizens’ currently pay £22.50 a month or £225 a year. The new prices come into operation on Thursday 1 March 2018.