Information about Carlisle City Council services following the August Bank Holiday is as follows:
The Civic Centre will close to the public at 4pm on Friday 24 August and will reopen on Tuesday 28 August. You can access our online services at www.carlisle.gov.uk
August Bank Holiday - Refuse and Recycling Collections
There will be some changes to the days you need to put out your refuse (wheeled bins or reusable gull-proof sacks) and kerbside recycling after the August Bank Holiday.
Please refer to your refuse and recycling calendar to check your collection date.
Usual refuse and recycling date and collection date following the August Bank Holiday:
- Monday 27th August - Collecting Tuesday 28th August
- Tuesday 28th August - Collecting Wednesday 29th August
- Wednesday 29th August - Collecting Thursday 30th August
- Thursday 30th August - Collecting Friday 31st August
- Friday 31st August - Collecting Saturday 1st September.
Collections return to normal from Monday 3rd September onwards.
For more information visit www.carlisle.gov.uk/refuseandrecycling