Our Carlisle Plan 2015-18 sets out our vision for Carlisle:
To improve the health, wellbeing and economic prosperity of the people of Carlisle. We will work in partnership to further establish our position as the regional centre and focus for investment, ensuring that residents can share in the benefits through increased opportunities and greater choice of jobs, range of housing and a quality environment.
The vision gives a clear direction and context for all our activities supported by five priorities:
- Support business growth and skills development to improve opportunities and economic prospects for the people of Carlisle
- Further develop sports, arts and cultural facilities to support the health and wellbeing of our residents
- Continue to improve the quality of our local environment and green spaces so that everyone can enjoy living, working in and visiting Carlisle
- Address current and future housing needs to protect and improve residents’ quality of life
- Promote Carlisle regionally, nationally and internationally as a place with much to offer - full of opportunities and potential.
The Plan was adopted by the City Council on 10th November 2015. Work has started on an action plan to deliver the vision and priorities. We will measure the progress of our actions regularly, and review the plan annually. To find out more, visit www.carlisle.gov.uk/carlisleplan