Carlisle residents are being reminded that time is running out to register to vote.
In order to vote in the General Election (Thursday 12 December), residents must be on the electoral register. Carlisle City Council is urging residents who have not registered at their current address to make sure they are registered in time.
The deadline to register to vote is midnight on Tuesday 26 November. Anyone can apply online at gov.uk/register-to-vote
Jason Gooding, Acting Returning Officer for Carlisle City Council, said:
“Time is running out to make sure you can have your say in the General Election. If you have turned 18, or if you have moved home recently, it’s particularly important that you act to ensure that you are registered. It takes just five minutes online and means that you can vote in the upcoming election.”
Check your details by calling Carlisle City Council Electoral Services team on 01228 817555 or 01228 817556.
Key election dates:
- The notice of election was published on Friday 8 November 2019.
- The last chance to be nominated to stand in the elections is 4pm on Thursday 14 November.
- The deadline to register to vote in time for the Elections is midnight on Tuesday 26 November 2019.
- The deadline for new postal vote applications or changes to existing Postal or Proxy applications is 5pm on Tuesday 26 November.
- The deadline for new proxy applications is 5pm on Wednesday 4 December 2019.