The following events have been cancelled or postponed:
- 3 April - Carlisle Easter International Market, Carlisle city centre.
- 3 - 13 April - Easter Fair, Castle car park.
- 8 - 10 May VE Day programme of events, Carlisle city centre (postponed).
- 9 May - Skate Jam, Bitts Park.
- 13 May - Urban Trail Run Carlisle City Centre, Bitts Park and Rickerby Park.
- 25 May - Upperby Gala, Hammonds’ Pond.
- 13 June - Cumberland Show, Brisco.
- 12 July - Race for Life and Pretty Muddy, Bitts Park and Sheepmount (postponed).
Park Runs in local parks have also been cancelled.
- The Carlisle Tourist Information Centre is closed until further notice. Contact them by emailing [email protected]
- The Old Fire Station has closed and has postponed all shows.
- We have cancelled all committee meetings.
Tourism business information
Support and advice for tourism businesses is available at: https://www.cumbriatourism.org/who-we-are/resource-hub/coronavirus-advice/
Advice for accommodation providers
Guidance and advice for those providing hotel and other accommodation in the UK has been published. Businesses providing holiday accommodation should now take steps to close for commercial use as quickly as is safely possible.
Hotels and other accommodation providers should be able to remain open if:
- They are part of the response to support key workers or vulnerable groups.
- There is a specific need for some or all of the site to remain open (for example they are housing people who have been flooded out of their homes, being used by public services to provide emergency accommodation or are not able to return to their primary residence).
- If businesses are providing rooms to support homeless people, through arrangements with local authorities and other public bodies.
- They are a holiday park or caravan park and are the primary residence of people living there.
More information can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/covid-19-advice-for-accommodation-providers