| Language and Accessibility

Latest News

[Return to Previous ]

Minor Works Grants

Published on 02 September 2016

Minor Works Grants

Households in Carlisle are being encouraged to apply for free Minor Works grants that will enable them to make improvements to their homes.

Applications for the new Carlisle City Council scheme, which is offering up to £5,000 grants, can be sent in from Monday (5 September) onwards. The grant would be provided only in circumstances where a homeowner could not raise the funding themselves from savings.

The eligibility criteria for the scheme:

  • Owner Occupier
  • Living in a property that requires work to improve the health and wellbeing of the occupant
  • State Pensionable age - Evidence required e.g. State Pension award letter
  • In receipt of income relate benefits (Pension Credit; Council Tax Reduction) – Evidence required e.g.

    Benefit Award letters

  • No more than £16,000 in savings - Evidence required e.g. statements of all accounts.

    The maximum grant available is set at £5,000 including fees charged for administering the grant.

    Cllr Heather Bradley, Portfolio holder for Economy, Enterprise and Housing said:

    “The purpose of the Minor Works Grant is to provide funding for essential work to a Homeowner’s property, which, if not carried out, would put their health at risk.  There is a limited availability for the Minor Works Grants and they will be allocated on a first come first served basis, so apply soon to avoid missing out on the grants.”

    Homelife Carlisle, a Home Improvement Agency, is overseeing the scheme.

    To find out more about the Minor Grants scheme, visit, call Homelife Carlisle on 01228 817236 or 01228 817111, or email [email protected]

Comments (0)Number of views (15710)

Categories: News, Residents, Council, Business, Breaking news



Theme picker

«December 2020»

Search Archive

This A to Z of services list provides links to service pages alphabetically