Plans are in place to refurbish and improve St James’ Park in Denton Holme.
Funding received from the developers of near-by housing projects is providing the opportunity to enhance the park for all its users.
Using the funding, we want to:
- Improve the existing network of footpaths throughout the park, making them more accessible.
- Retain and enhance the original 1930s character and features of the park.
- Replace and improve park seating and litter bins.
- Create a step-free path from the St James’ Road entrance through to the main area of the park.
- Explore public opinion on creating a new pedestrian entrance from Clifton Street leading to the main area of the park.
We have worked with a local landscape architect to produce a draft proposal to make the best possible use of available funds to refurbish the park.
Please let us know what you think of the proposals. Want to know more? Join us at the following consultation events:
- Tuesday 11 June, 11.30am - 1.30pm: St James' Parish Centre.
- Thursday 20 June, 11.30am - 1.30pm: Denton Holme Community Centre.
Have your say at www.carlisle.gov.uk/consultations