Stay Weather Aware ⚠️
To report any issues or if you need help for yourself or someone vulnerable please see the following agencies contact details:
- Electricity North West on 105, but please only call if your query is urgent to help prioritise customers in the most vulnerable circumstances. For more information, please visit www.enwl.co.uk. For further updates on power cuts, you can visit www.enwl.co.uk/powercuts or you can follow Electricity North West on Twitter or Facebook.
- For water supply issues contact United Utilities on 0345 672 3723.
- Contact www.cumbria.police.uk/report-it or call 101 if you have concerns about your own safety and well-being, or the safety and well-being of someone you know. If there is an immediate risk to life call 999.
- If you wish to report a problem on the county’s roads, please report online via the County Council website: Highways | Cumbria County Council
- If you are open to Cumbria County Council’s Adult Social Care, have care and support needs and these needs cannot be met due to the power outage, please contact Adult Social Care on 0300 303 3589.
Parks and open spaces:
Please take care and avoid walking under any leaning trees in stormy and windy weather. Strong winds can lead to some trees becoming unstable.
For trees blocking roads please call the Highway Hotline on 0300 3032992 or online at www.cumbria.gov.uk/roads-transport/highways-pavements/cumbria-highways/highwayshotline.asp
For fallen trees in parks and green spaces (Bitts Park etc) please call our Customer Services team on 01228 817200.
We have been checking all reports of fallen branches and trees on their land but recommends that visitors stick to open spaces until the wind has died down. We have been concentrating on incidents where property or infrastructure has been affected as our priority. We’ll deal with other issues as soon as we can.
Refuse and Recycling collections
If you have a recycling collection, consider keeping hold of your recycling until your next scheduled collection or take it to a recycling site when the weather has improved. If you choose to put your refuse and recycling out for collection, help reduce litter by making sure containers are closed and secure. Don't put bins, gull-proof sacks or recycling containers out too early, but ensure that they are out for collection no later than 7am on the day of your collection.