Parks and Green Spaces
We are reminding visitors to follow government rules when our play areas, outdoor exercise areas and multi-use games areas reopen on Monday 6 July.
We are urging visitors to follow social distancing guidelines and to dispose of their litter responsibly.
- Do not visit any of our facilities if you have any symptoms - See NHS guidelines if this applies to you.
- Observe social distancing.
- Keep children supervised at all times.
- Avoid touching surfaces (such as gates or handrails) and your mouth and face. Please follow Public Health England advice on hand washing and bring along your own sanitiser.
- Take all your litter home or use a litter bin.
- Keep dogs on leads and pick up dog mess.
- Public toilets are shut - so limit the length of your visit and stay local.
- Wash your hands when you get home.
Parks and open spaces may be reduced at this time so we are focussing on keeping sites as safe and clean as possible. We’d appreciate the co-operation of the public who continue to use our green spaces in making use of litter bins.
Sports teams are welcome to train in our open spaces as long as they can follow social distance guidance and adhere to their own sport’s governing bodies guidelines regarding Covid-19 and insurance cover.
Please be considerate of other users of that open space whilst you are training and remove all litter. Some of our sports infrastructure, such as goal posts, remain in place and can be used. These may be temporarily removed for a short period to allow maintenance work to take place.
All our changing facilities remain closed at the moment and should not be accessed.
The Talkin Tarn Tearoom is closed until further notice, but a takeaway service is now available from the kiosk. The site remains opens to visitors.
To ensure our allotment sites can remain open and users are safe, please refer to the National Allotments Society guidelines.
Also follow government advice and if you have been advised to self-isolate, do not visit the allotment and stay at home. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-guidance-on-social-distancing-and-for-vulnerable-people/guidance-on-social-distancing-for-everyone-in-the-uk-and-protecting-older-people-and-vulnerable-adults
National Allotments Society guidance in summary is as follows:
- Keep hand sanitiser in your shed and wash your hands regularly.
- Use hand sanitiser before opening and closing any gate locked.
- Observe “Social Distancing” - Stay two metres (6ft) away from other people.
- Do not share tools.
- Minimise the contact with each other for example no handshakes.
- Do not wash your hands in water troughs.
- All communal facilities are closed.
- Please consider neighbours and don’t burn anything during this covid19 emergency. Many allotment sites are surrounded by houses where vulnerable people may be getting their only bit of fresh air through an open window.
Further advice from the Association can be found at the following link: https://www.nsalg.org.uk/news/covid19-information/
Any queries, please contact us by calling 01228 817200 or email [email protected]