You are Here : Business  >  Licences and Permits  >  Other Licences  >  Boating
Thursday , February , 09 2023
| Language and Accessibility

Licence - boatman

Pleasure boats are currently available for rental from two places within Carlisle City Council district, Talkin Tarn near Brampton and Hammonds Park in Carlisle.  Both the boats and the person (s) hiring them out require a licence.

There are two types of Boatman's Licence, the full licence and the restricted licence:

  • Full licence - for operating and taking charge of craft whilst on the water (navigating)
  • Restricted licence - for taking charge of craft hired from pier or shore 

The operator requires public liability insurance and the boats are subject to an annual inspection by our appointed boat surveyor.

This A to Z of services list provides links to service pages alphabetically