Monday , June , 14 2021
| Language and Accessibility

Frequently Asked Questions

If you cannot find the information you want in our service pages, you may be able to find it on this main FAQ page.
After looking at the statistics of how users browse our site we have now focused on the most used services as priority, many hundreds of information pages on our site that were accessed rarely or sometimes not at all have now been removed to de-clutter and make our site easier to use.

However we still accept that some information is desirable to help our users better understand aspects of how Carlisle City Council services work, so we provide FAQ lists on most our section landing pages.
All FAQs including any FAQ that does not fit in any of our our site sections are accessible here in the master FAQ page.

Master FAQ ( select a category or search for answers )

Sheltered housing

Sheltered Housing 

Sheltered housing is accommodation specially designed or adapted for elderly people.  Eligibility for sheltered housing is based on age and need. We do not have a waiting list for sheltered housing.  If you would like to be considered for sheltered housing, you will need to contact the housing associations directly.

Listed below are the housing associations that own sheltered properties in the Carlisle region.

1. Riverside Carlisle (formerly known as Carlisle Housing Association), English Gate Plaza, Botchergate, Carlisle, Cumbria, CA1 1RP

Tel: 0845 345 8500

2.  Anchor, Customer Contact Centre, Milestone Place, 100 Bolton Road, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD1 4DH

Tel: 0845 140 2020

3.  Hanover Housing Association, The Wave, 1 View Croft Road, Shipley, West Yorkshire, BD17 7DU

Tel: 01274 599686

4.  Housing 21, Resource Room, Marigold Court, Old Fold, Gateshead, NE10 0DZ

Tel: 0370 192 4630

Residential Care

Cumbria County Council provide Residential Care (external link).

Image for search button

This A to Z of services list provides links to service pages alphabetically