Monday , June , 14 2021
| Language and Accessibility

Frequently Asked Questions

If you cannot find the information you want in our service pages, you may be able to find it on this main FAQ page.
After looking at the statistics of how users browse our site we have now focused on the most used services as priority, many hundreds of information pages on our site that were accessed rarely or sometimes not at all have now been removed to de-clutter and make our site easier to use.

However we still accept that some information is desirable to help our users better understand aspects of how Carlisle City Council services work, so we provide FAQ lists on most our section landing pages.
All FAQs including any FAQ that does not fit in any of our our site sections are accessible here in the master FAQ page.

Master FAQ ( select a category or search for answers )

Find help with social housing

If you have an affordable housing need in Carlisle, you may be able to access social housing in the district.  This involves renting a property off a registered social landlord or housing association at a rate lower than market level rent. To apply for social housing, you therefore need to contact the registered social landlords operating in Carlisle. The Council’s Guide to Registered Social Landlords details the individual lettings policies of these organisations.

Image for search button

This A to Z of services list provides links to service pages alphabetically