Monday , June , 14 2021
| Language and Accessibility

Frequently Asked Questions

If you cannot find the information you want in our service pages, you may be able to find it on this main FAQ page.
After looking at the statistics of how users browse our site we have now focused on the most used services as priority, many hundreds of information pages on our site that were accessed rarely or sometimes not at all have now been removed to de-clutter and make our site easier to use.

However we still accept that some information is desirable to help our users better understand aspects of how Carlisle City Council services work, so we provide FAQ lists on most our section landing pages.
All FAQs including any FAQ that does not fit in any of our our site sections are accessible here in the master FAQ page.

Master FAQ ( select a category or search for answers )

Find private rented housing

Renting a property from a private landlord can be an ideal form of tenure for many people. For those who are not in priority need of housing, there can be a long wait for a tenancy from a registered social landlord. For those wanting to own their own home, saving for a deposit may take time. Renting a flat from a private landlord is often the only option for temporary visitors to the district, for example students at the University of Cumbria or local colleges.

Nearly all of Carlisle‘s privately rented housing is owned by individual landlords who advertise vacancies in the local press. Some estate agents also keep lists of privately rented accommodation.

Image for search button

This A to Z of services list provides links to service pages alphabetically