Wednesday , June , 16 2021
| Language and Accessibility

Frequently Asked Questions

If you cannot find the information you want in our service pages, you may be able to find it on this main FAQ page.
After looking at the statistics of how users browse our site we have now focused on the most used services as priority, many hundreds of information pages on our site that were accessed rarely or sometimes not at all have now been removed to de-clutter and make our site easier to use.

However we still accept that some information is desirable to help our users better understand aspects of how Carlisle City Council services work, so we provide FAQ lists on most our section landing pages.
All FAQs including any FAQ that does not fit in any of our our site sections are accessible here in the master FAQ page.

Master FAQ ( select a category or search for answers )

Illegal Street Trading

Carlisle City Council has adopted the provisions of the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions0 Act 1982 in respect of street trading.

The order makes certain areas 'prohibited streets' (streets in which street trading is prohibited) and others 'consent streets' (streets in which street trading is prohibited without the consent of the City Council.

In addition certain trading activities are allowed in the city centre under the Highways Act and the Market Charter.

Enforcement action will be taken against persons contravening this legislation.

Full details of the 'prohibited' and 'consent' areas are available from the licensing office.

Image for search button

This A to Z of services list provides links to service pages alphabetically