Monday , June , 14 2021
| Language and Accessibility

Frequently Asked Questions

If you cannot find the information you want in our service pages, you may be able to find it on this main FAQ page.
After looking at the statistics of how users browse our site we have now focused on the most used services as priority, many hundreds of information pages on our site that were accessed rarely or sometimes not at all have now been removed to de-clutter and make our site easier to use.

However we still accept that some information is desirable to help our users better understand aspects of how Carlisle City Council services work, so we provide FAQ lists on most our section landing pages.
All FAQs including any FAQ that does not fit in any of our our site sections are accessible here in the master FAQ page.

Master FAQ ( select a category or search for answers )

What will happen if you don't pay your rent

If you don't pay your rent, your landlord can seek a Court Order to evict you from your home. If you are more than two months or eight weeks in rent arrears, in most cases the Courts cannot refuse to grant the landlord an Eviction Order. So you should always make sure your rent is paid.

In the first six months of your tenancy, if you think your rent is too high, you can ask the Rent Assessment Committee to decide what your rent should be. You can contact the Rent Assessment Committee on 0161 237 9491.

Image for search button

This A to Z of services list provides links to service pages alphabetically