Monday , June , 14 2021
| Language and Accessibility

Frequently Asked Questions

If you cannot find the information you want in our service pages, you may be able to find it on this main FAQ page.
After looking at the statistics of how users browse our site we have now focused on the most used services as priority, many hundreds of information pages on our site that were accessed rarely or sometimes not at all have now been removed to de-clutter and make our site easier to use.

However we still accept that some information is desirable to help our users better understand aspects of how Carlisle City Council services work, so we provide FAQ lists on most our section landing pages.
All FAQs including any FAQ that does not fit in any of our our site sections are accessible here in the master FAQ page.

Master FAQ ( select a category or search for answers )

Finding a home to rent from a Housing Association

Carlisle City Council no longer have any houses. They belong to Riverside Carlisle (formerly Carlisle Housing Association) which is responsible for letting, maintaining and managing these properties.

You can get a housing application form from Riverside Carlisle, English Gate Plaza, Botchergate, Carlisle, Tel: 0845 345 8500. Information about their Lettings Policy will be provided with this form.

The demand for their properties is very high and there are limited vacancies and so it could be some time before they offer you a property. The waiting time for a property may vary depending on the area you chose. Housing Officers at Riverside Carlisle will be able to give you information regarding waiting times and the areas where properties are more readily available.

If you are planning to live in rented accommodation for a long time, housing associations offer cheaper rents and more secure tenancies.

Image for search button

This A to Z of services list provides links to service pages alphabetically