Monday , June , 14 2021
| Language and Accessibility

Frequently Asked Questions

If you cannot find the information you want in our service pages, you may be able to find it on this main FAQ page.
After looking at the statistics of how users browse our site we have now focused on the most used services as priority, many hundreds of information pages on our site that were accessed rarely or sometimes not at all have now been removed to de-clutter and make our site easier to use.

However we still accept that some information is desirable to help our users better understand aspects of how Carlisle City Council services work, so we provide FAQ lists on most our section landing pages.
All FAQs including any FAQ that does not fit in any of our our site sections are accessible here in the master FAQ page.

Master FAQ ( select a category or search for answers )

What is a housing association?

Housing associations have been building and providing homes for many years. They get funding from the Government and the Council to make sure that rents are reasonably priced.

Housing associations do not make profits. Any money left over after building, maintaining and managing the houses is re-invested to improve them.

Housing associations are regulated by a Government body called the Housing Corporation. Housing associations have to work within the strict rules and guidelines that are set by the Housing Corporation. Councils also monitor the way housing associations provide homes and are encouraged to report back to the Housing Corporation.

Housing associations work closely with the Council when new homes are going to be built.

If you feel there is a need for more affordable homes in your area, you should contact Carlisle City Council’s Housing Section. The Council works with the local community to decide whether or not new homes should be funded, where they should be built, and who should provide and manage those homes

Image for search button

This A to Z of services list provides links to service pages alphabetically