Monday , June , 14 2021
| Language and Accessibility

Frequently Asked Questions

If you cannot find the information you want in our service pages, you may be able to find it on this main FAQ page.
After looking at the statistics of how users browse our site we have now focused on the most used services as priority, many hundreds of information pages on our site that were accessed rarely or sometimes not at all have now been removed to de-clutter and make our site easier to use.

However we still accept that some information is desirable to help our users better understand aspects of how Carlisle City Council services work, so we provide FAQ lists on most our section landing pages.
All FAQs including any FAQ that does not fit in any of our our site sections are accessible here in the master FAQ page.

Master FAQ ( select a category or search for answers )

Ending your Housing Association Tenancy

All the Housing Associations in Carlisle need four weeks notice in writing from you to inform them of your intention to end your tenancy. If you do not give notice, you will be liable for the rent due for these four weeks. You should make sure that your home is left clean and tidy and that any damage caused by you is put right before you leave. If you don't do this, you may be charged by the Housing Association for the work they have to do to put right any damage you leave behind.

A Housing Association can only evict you from your home if it first obtains a possession order from the County Court. Evictions can be granted for a number of reasons, including not paying your rent, behaving in an anti-social way that annoys your neighbours (including people you invite into your home) and damaging your home.

If you need this document to be provided in large print, on tape, in Braille or in other languages, please contact us on 01228 817000.

Image for search button

This A to Z of services list provides links to service pages alphabetically