Wednesday , June , 16 2021
| Language and Accessibility

Frequently Asked Questions

If you cannot find the information you want in our service pages, you may be able to find it on this main FAQ page.
After looking at the statistics of how users browse our site we have now focused on the most used services as priority, many hundreds of information pages on our site that were accessed rarely or sometimes not at all have now been removed to de-clutter and make our site easier to use.

However we still accept that some information is desirable to help our users better understand aspects of how Carlisle City Council services work, so we provide FAQ lists on most our section landing pages.
All FAQs including any FAQ that does not fit in any of our our site sections are accessible here in the master FAQ page.

Master FAQ ( select a category or search for answers )

Occasional use notices

These notices allow betting on a track without the need for a full premises license. You may hold events for a maximum of 8 days in any calendar year using Occasional use notices.

The meaning of track in the Act covers not just horse racecourses or dog tracks, but also any other premises on any part of which a race or other sporting event takes place.

Provided that the notice will not result in betting facilities being available for more than the 8 days permitted then there is no provision for counter-notices or objections to be submitted.

Downloadable document avalible

Image for search button

This A to Z of services list provides links to service pages alphabetically