Monday , June , 14 2021
| Language and Accessibility

Frequently Asked Questions

If you cannot find the information you want in our service pages, you may be able to find it on this main FAQ page.
After looking at the statistics of how users browse our site we have now focused on the most used services as priority, many hundreds of information pages on our site that were accessed rarely or sometimes not at all have now been removed to de-clutter and make our site easier to use.

However we still accept that some information is desirable to help our users better understand aspects of how Carlisle City Council services work, so we provide FAQ lists on most our section landing pages.
All FAQs including any FAQ that does not fit in any of our our site sections are accessible here in the master FAQ page.

Master FAQ ( select a category or search for answers )

I intend to open a premises offering gambling. I have seen a property which is suitable and would like to know if I will get a premises licence.

  • Application for a provisional statement. There is a separate form for

You must give notice of your application to all responsible authorities. A list
should be available from your Licensing Authority.

  • Notice of application for a premises licence. Use form A if there is only
    one applicant, Form B if there is more than one applicant.

You must publish notice of your application in a local newspaper and place a
notice outside the premises you intend to open.

  • Notice of application for a provisional statement, form to be published.

If your Licensing Authority receives a representation about your application, there
may be a hearing. In this instance, your Licensing Authority will contact you with
more information.
Your Licensing Authority will send you:

  • Notice of grant/ rejection
  • Summary
  • Licence with Annexes which detail the conditions attached

Image for search button

This A to Z of services list provides links to service pages alphabetically