Wednesday , June , 16 2021
| Language and Accessibility

Frequently Asked Questions

If you cannot find the information you want in our service pages, you may be able to find it on this main FAQ page.
After looking at the statistics of how users browse our site we have now focused on the most used services as priority, many hundreds of information pages on our site that were accessed rarely or sometimes not at all have now been removed to de-clutter and make our site easier to use.

However we still accept that some information is desirable to help our users better understand aspects of how Carlisle City Council services work, so we provide FAQ lists on most our section landing pages.
All FAQs including any FAQ that does not fit in any of our our site sections are accessible here in the master FAQ page.

Master FAQ ( select a category or search for answers )

Premises licence review hearings


Sometimes, licensed premises can lead to problems. On the rare occasion this happens, the council will try and resolve the issues informally. However, any of the 'responsible authorities', a local resident, or a residents or business association, can apply for the council to review a licence.

Providing a complaint is not frivolous, vexatious or repetitive, a council hearing will be held. The council may decide not to do anything, or to impose extra conditions on the licence. It can also suspend either all or part of the licence for up to three months.

Image for search button

This A to Z of services list provides links to service pages alphabetically