Saturday , August , 08 2020
| Language and Accessibility

Frequently Asked Questions

If you cannot find the information you want in our service pages, you may be able to find it on this main FAQ page.
After looking at the statistics of how users browse our site we have now focused on the most used services as priority, many hundreds of information pages on our site that were accessed rarely or sometimes not at all have now been removed to de-clutter and make our site easier to use.

However we still accept that some information is desirable to help our users better understand aspects of how Carlisle City Council services work, so we provide FAQ lists on most our section landing pages.
All FAQs including any FAQ that does not fit in any of our our site sections are accessible here in the master FAQ page.

Master FAQ ( select a category or search for answers )

Licence Street Trading

To apply for a street trading licence:

An application form must be completed, accompanied by:-

  • Make, colour and registered number of vehicle;
  • Vehicle insurance;
  • Current MOT certificate;
  • Public Liability insurance;
  • Trading name on vehicle;
  • Details of any convictions of the applicant;

Street Trading consents expire 12 months after the date of grant.

This A to Z of services list provides links to service pages alphabetically