Monday , June , 14 2021
| Language and Accessibility

Frequently Asked Questions

If you cannot find the information you want in our service pages, you may be able to find it on this main FAQ page.
After looking at the statistics of how users browse our site we have now focused on the most used services as priority, many hundreds of information pages on our site that were accessed rarely or sometimes not at all have now been removed to de-clutter and make our site easier to use.

However we still accept that some information is desirable to help our users better understand aspects of how Carlisle City Council services work, so we provide FAQ lists on most our section landing pages.
All FAQs including any FAQ that does not fit in any of our our site sections are accessible here in the master FAQ page.

Master FAQ ( select a category or search for answers )

I am elderly or disabled - can someone visit to help me claim?

I am elderly or disabled - can someone visit to help me claim?

Visiting Officers

The Visiting Officer provides a support service to customers who are elderly, disabled or unwell in their own home and can assist with the completion of any forms that are needed.

To arrange for a Visiting Officer to come to your home, contact us on 01228 817200 and select option 3. We will notify you in writing before coming to visit you.

Verification Officers

We also have officers whose job it is to visit you at home to ensure your claim is correct and that you are still claiming all the Benefits you are entitled to. If a Verification Officer is coming to visit you we will notify you by letter first.

All of our Visiting Officers carry ID cards with them.

Image for search button

This A to Z of services list provides links to service pages alphabetically