Monday , June , 14 2021
| Language and Accessibility

Frequently Asked Questions

If you cannot find the information you want in our service pages, you may be able to find it on this main FAQ page.
After looking at the statistics of how users browse our site we have now focused on the most used services as priority, many hundreds of information pages on our site that were accessed rarely or sometimes not at all have now been removed to de-clutter and make our site easier to use.

However we still accept that some information is desirable to help our users better understand aspects of how Carlisle City Council services work, so we provide FAQ lists on most our section landing pages.
All FAQs including any FAQ that does not fit in any of our our site sections are accessible here in the master FAQ page.

Master FAQ ( select a category or search for answers )

Information for people from abroad

Information for people from abroad

The rules for paying Benefits to people who are not British nationals are complex.

Whether you are entitled to apply for Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Benefit / Council Tax Reduction Scheme will depend on:

  • your nationality
  • your immigration rights
  • your status under the rights of residence directive
  • whether you normally live in the United Kingdom

We may need to contact the Home Office to confirm information you have given us and to get further information.

For help and advice contact the Benefits section. A translation service is available.

Image for search button

This A to Z of services list provides links to service pages alphabetically