Tuesday , April , 24 2018

Frequently Asked Questions

If you cannot find the information you want in our service pages, you may be able to find it on this main FAQ page.
After looking at the statistics of how users browse our site we have now focused on the most used services as priority, many hundreds of information pages on our site that were accessed rarely or sometimes not at all have now been removed to de-clutter and make our site easier to use.

However we still accept that some information is desirable to help our users better understand aspects of how Carlisle City Council services work, so we provide FAQ lists on most our section landing pages.
All FAQs including any FAQ that does not fit in any of our our site sections are accessible here in the master FAQ page.

Master FAQ ( select a category or search for answers )

Game dealing

Game dealers in England and Wales

From 1 August 2007 you no longer have to hold a local authority licence or an excise licence in order to take, kill or deal in game.

Restrictions on dealing in game birds and venison during the close season no longer apply. This means that you will be allowed to sell game and venison all year round provided the animals in question were lawfully killed.

If you deal in game birds or venison, you should check your source before you either:

  • sell
  • advertise
  • transport for purposes of sale

This is because you could be committing an offence if you know or have reason to believe that the game bird or venison you offer for sale was unlawfully killed, taken or poached during the close season.

Game dealers in Scotland

A licence to kill or take game in Scotland is still required.  Game licences for Scotland can be obtained from main Post Offices in Scotland.

This A to Z of services list provides links to service pages alphabetically