Friday , February , 23 2018

Frequently Asked Questions

If you cannot find the information you want in our service pages, you may be able to find it on this main FAQ page.
After looking at the statistics of how users browse our site we have now focused on the most used services as priority, many hundreds of information pages on our site that were accessed rarely or sometimes not at all have now been removed to de-clutter and make our site easier to use.

However we still accept that some information is desirable to help our users better understand aspects of how Carlisle City Council services work, so we provide FAQ lists on most our section landing pages.
All FAQs including any FAQ that does not fit in any of our our site sections are accessible here in the master FAQ page.

Master FAQ ( select a category or search for answers )

Animal movement licensing

Any person keeping or wanting to keep the following animals:

  • Cattle
  • Sheep and goats
  • Pigs

must apply to the Department for the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA) for a holding number. When this number is received the animals can be moved onto or off the premises via the method described on the DEFRA website (link on the right).

All movements are controlled by general license. In addition to the general license, deer, sheep and goats must be accompanied by a form AML1 and pigs by a form AML2. These need to filled in triplicate. One copy to be retained by the owner of the animals, two copies to the person buying the animals, one of which should be forwarded to his Local Authority. These can be obtained from us or downloaded from the DEFRA website.

If you have a query regarding the movement of animals or would like any of the above forms please contact us.

This A to Z of services list provides links to service pages alphabetically