Monday , June , 14 2021
| Language and Accessibility

Frequently Asked Questions

If you cannot find the information you want in our service pages, you may be able to find it on this main FAQ page.
After looking at the statistics of how users browse our site we have now focused on the most used services as priority, many hundreds of information pages on our site that were accessed rarely or sometimes not at all have now been removed to de-clutter and make our site easier to use.

However we still accept that some information is desirable to help our users better understand aspects of how Carlisle City Council services work, so we provide FAQ lists on most our section landing pages.
All FAQs including any FAQ that does not fit in any of our our site sections are accessible here in the master FAQ page.

Master FAQ ( select a category or search for answers )

Information for people over 60 years of age

If you have reached the qualifying age for state pension credit and are on a low income you may also be entitled to Pension Credit, to apply contact the Pension Service by phoning 0800 99 1234.

Our Visiting Officers provide a support service to customers who are elderly or disabled in the comfort of their own home and can assist with the completion of any forms that are needed.

Please contact the Benefits office on 01228 817200 option 3 if you would like someone to visit you at home to help you claim Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction Scheme. We will arrange an appointment and write to you to tell you when we will visit you. All our officers carry ID cards.

For more information on claiming benefits see the Age UK (external link) website.

Concessionary Bus Pass

People who have attained the qualifying age for state Pension Credit are also entitled to a Concessionary Bus pass allowing them free travel on the bus. See Concessionary Travel (external link) for information.

Image for search button

This A to Z of services list provides links to service pages alphabetically