Monday , June , 14 2021
| Language and Accessibility

Frequently Asked Questions

If you cannot find the information you want in our service pages, you may be able to find it on this main FAQ page.
After looking at the statistics of how users browse our site we have now focused on the most used services as priority, many hundreds of information pages on our site that were accessed rarely or sometimes not at all have now been removed to de-clutter and make our site easier to use.

However we still accept that some information is desirable to help our users better understand aspects of how Carlisle City Council services work, so we provide FAQ lists on most our section landing pages.
All FAQs including any FAQ that does not fit in any of our our site sections are accessible here in the master FAQ page.

Master FAQ ( select a category or search for answers )

Licences and Registration

The Council is responsible for issuing and enforcing a wide range of licences, permits and registrations. Environmental Health process and enforce the following types of licences. Please see our Fees and Charges before filling the application forms in.

If you perform any of the following services:

  • acupuncture;
  • tattooing;
  • cosmetic piercing;
  • electrolysis;
  • semi-permanent skin colouring.

You and your premises need to be registered with the Council.

For an application form for a Zoo Licence, please email [email protected] or Telephone: 01228 817559.

For enquiries about other licenses, please visit the licensing section.

Image for search button

This A to Z of services list provides links to service pages alphabetically