Monday , June , 14 2021
| Language and Accessibility

Frequently Asked Questions

If you cannot find the information you want in our service pages, you may be able to find it on this main FAQ page.
After looking at the statistics of how users browse our site we have now focused on the most used services as priority, many hundreds of information pages on our site that were accessed rarely or sometimes not at all have now been removed to de-clutter and make our site easier to use.

However we still accept that some information is desirable to help our users better understand aspects of how Carlisle City Council services work, so we provide FAQ lists on most our section landing pages.
All FAQs including any FAQ that does not fit in any of our our site sections are accessible here in the master FAQ page.

Master FAQ ( select a category or search for answers )

Prosecutions register

Prosecutions register

The Health and Safety Executive maintains a public database of details of:

  • All prosecution cases which resulted in a conviction and crown censures taken by HSE since 1 April 1999
  • Details of all enforcement notices issued since 1 April 2001 excluding those under appeal or withdrawn.

If businesses have been prosecuted for Health and Safety breaches by the HSE, the details will be available on the Health and Safety Executives Public Register of Convictions (external link).

Additionally under the Environment and Safety Information Act 1988, Local Authorities are required to maintain a Public Register of all health and safety enforcement notices which were served for issues relating to persons other than just employees. Such notices are required to be kept on the register for three years after being served, even though remedial action may have already taken place and dealt with the problem. In order to view the register a formal request to Carlisle City Council should be made.

Image for search button

This A to Z of services list provides links to service pages alphabetically