Monday , June , 14 2021
| Language and Accessibility

Frequently Asked Questions

If you cannot find the information you want in our service pages, you may be able to find it on this main FAQ page.
After looking at the statistics of how users browse our site we have now focused on the most used services as priority, many hundreds of information pages on our site that were accessed rarely or sometimes not at all have now been removed to de-clutter and make our site easier to use.

However we still accept that some information is desirable to help our users better understand aspects of how Carlisle City Council services work, so we provide FAQ lists on most our section landing pages.
All FAQs including any FAQ that does not fit in any of our our site sections are accessible here in the master FAQ page.

Master FAQ ( select a category or search for answers )

Who has to pay Business Rates?

In most cases, the occupier of the property. This can be one person, a partnership, a limited company, a club or some other organisation.

If you lease a property from a landlord, but keep it empty, you are still liable for empty property rates. This is because the lease entitles you, rather than your landlord, to occupy the property.

If you pay your rent or rates to the owner (or leaseholder), please remember that you are still liable to pay the Council for the rates. If the owner does not pay the Council, we will collect the payment from you.

Image for search button

This A to Z of services list provides links to service pages alphabetically