Tuesday , August , 04 2020
| Language and Accessibility

Frequently Asked Questions

If you cannot find the information you want in our service pages, you may be able to find it on this main FAQ page.
After looking at the statistics of how users browse our site we have now focused on the most used services as priority, many hundreds of information pages on our site that were accessed rarely or sometimes not at all have now been removed to de-clutter and make our site easier to use.

However we still accept that some information is desirable to help our users better understand aspects of how Carlisle City Council services work, so we provide FAQ lists on most our section landing pages.
All FAQs including any FAQ that does not fit in any of our our site sections are accessible here in the master FAQ page.

Master FAQ ( select a category or search for answers )

Failed Application Redress

time of application.

Failed Application Redress

Please contact us to discuss why you have been refused a licence, or if you think we have imposed an unreasonable condition.

If you are not happy with our decision, you can appeal to the Magistrates court. A court may give directions on the issue of a licence, or on conditions set on a licence.


Consumer Complaint

We would always advise that you first contact the business - preferably in writing (with proof of delivery). If that has not worked, if you live in the UK, Consumer Direct (external link) will give you advice. From outside the UK contact the UK European Consumer Centre (external link).

Trade Associations

Links to trade associations can be found at the bottom of this page.

This A to Z of services list provides links to service pages alphabetically