Monday , June , 14 2021
| Language and Accessibility

Frequently Asked Questions

If you cannot find the information you want in our service pages, you may be able to find it on this main FAQ page.
After looking at the statistics of how users browse our site we have now focused on the most used services as priority, many hundreds of information pages on our site that were accessed rarely or sometimes not at all have now been removed to de-clutter and make our site easier to use.

However we still accept that some information is desirable to help our users better understand aspects of how Carlisle City Council services work, so we provide FAQ lists on most our section landing pages.
All FAQs including any FAQ that does not fit in any of our our site sections are accessible here in the master FAQ page.

Master FAQ ( select a category or search for answers )

How to comment / object on an application

What can I comment on?

All comments we receive about a planning application will be considered, but only planning issues can be taken into account.

These include:

  • loss of light or privacy
  • overshadowing of your home
  • highway safety
  • traffic and parking issues
  • noise
  • amenity
  • wildlife
  • historic buildings
  • conservation
  • design
  • appearance of the development.

Issues which cannot be taken into account, include:

  • loss of view
  • effect on property values
  • private rights
  • boundary disputes
  • construction noise.

How can I object /comment?

You must put your comments/objections in writing you can:

Image for search button

This A to Z of services list provides links to service pages alphabetically