Wednesday , June , 16 2021
| Language and Accessibility

Frequently Asked Questions

If you cannot find the information you want in our service pages, you may be able to find it on this main FAQ page.
After looking at the statistics of how users browse our site we have now focused on the most used services as priority, many hundreds of information pages on our site that were accessed rarely or sometimes not at all have now been removed to de-clutter and make our site easier to use.

However we still accept that some information is desirable to help our users better understand aspects of how Carlisle City Council services work, so we provide FAQ lists on most our section landing pages.
All FAQs including any FAQ that does not fit in any of our our site sections are accessible here in the master FAQ page.

Master FAQ ( select a category or search for answers )

How we publicise applications

How we publicise applications

The city council publicises planning applications usually by writing to near neighbours of the site, who are invited to comment on the proposal.

Some applications are advertised in the Cumberland News and/or by a formal site notice displayed on or near the application site. Applications advertised in this way are those that:

  • affect a listed building;
  • affect a conservation area;
  • depart from the council's local plan;
  • affect a public right of way, or
  • have a substantial impact on an area.

A period of time (normally 21 days) is allowed from the date of publicity for comments to be made. However, all written comments received up until the decision is made will be considered.

Viewing planning applications

You can view applications at any time using the search for a plannig application function on the planning home page.

Image for search button

This A to Z of services list provides links to service pages alphabetically