Wednesday , June , 16 2021
| Language and Accessibility

Frequently Asked Questions

If you cannot find the information you want in our service pages, you may be able to find it on this main FAQ page.
After looking at the statistics of how users browse our site we have now focused on the most used services as priority, many hundreds of information pages on our site that were accessed rarely or sometimes not at all have now been removed to de-clutter and make our site easier to use.

However we still accept that some information is desirable to help our users better understand aspects of how Carlisle City Council services work, so we provide FAQ lists on most our section landing pages.
All FAQs including any FAQ that does not fit in any of our our site sections are accessible here in the master FAQ page.

Master FAQ ( select a category or search for answers )

How much notice do I need to give for a site inspection?

The regulations require that the person carrying out building work shall give Building Control notice when the work has reached a particular stage. The prescribed stages are set out below. The notice may be written, given by telephone or emailed to the Building Control Surveyor. Please email [email protected]

Image for search button

This A to Z of services list provides links to service pages alphabetically