Sunday , February , 25 2018

Frequently Asked Questions

If you cannot find the information you want in our service pages, you may be able to find it on this main FAQ page.
After looking at the statistics of how users browse our site we have now focused on the most used services as priority, many hundreds of information pages on our site that were accessed rarely or sometimes not at all have now been removed to de-clutter and make our site easier to use.

However we still accept that some information is desirable to help our users better understand aspects of how Carlisle City Council services work, so we provide FAQ lists on most our section landing pages.
All FAQs including any FAQ that does not fit in any of our our site sections are accessible here in the master FAQ page.

Master FAQ ( select a category or search for answers )

Pet Shops

You need a licence to sell pet animals, both through a pet shop or over the internet.

Public Register

There is no legal requirement to keep a register.  

Please refer to the downloadable documents to see the current list of licensed Pet shops.

Application Process

An application fee must be paid when you make your application.

We will confirm that we have received both your application and fee in writing and arrange to carry out an inspection of your premises.

This A to Z of services list provides links to service pages alphabetically