Wednesday , June , 16 2021
| Language and Accessibility

Frequently Asked Questions

If you cannot find the information you want in our service pages, you may be able to find it on this main FAQ page.
After looking at the statistics of how users browse our site we have now focused on the most used services as priority, many hundreds of information pages on our site that were accessed rarely or sometimes not at all have now been removed to de-clutter and make our site easier to use.

However we still accept that some information is desirable to help our users better understand aspects of how Carlisle City Council services work, so we provide FAQ lists on most our section landing pages.
All FAQs including any FAQ that does not fit in any of our our site sections are accessible here in the master FAQ page.

Master FAQ ( select a category or search for answers )

Special provisions relating to tree preservation orders

Proposals for the making of tree preservation orders (TPOs) often attract local interest in the particular area where the Order is being considered. The Council’s Constitution delegates the making of TPOs to the Corporate Director Economic Development and Corporate Director Governance unless there are objections, in which case it must be referred to the Development Control Committee for confirmation. Where this arises, the Council allows members of the public, who wish to speak in opposition to a TPO being made and also anyone in favour of the Order, to be given the opportunity to speak at the Committee.

Only TPOs with objections are referred to Committee. Supporters of the TPO do have the right to speak at the Committee. Arrangements for giving notice of wish to speak on a proposed TPO are set out under “How do I register my interest in speaking?”

Information about dates of and papers for meetings of the Development Control Committee are available on this website.

Image for search button

This A to Z of services list provides links to service pages alphabetically