Tell us about a change
You are required to tell us if there is any change to the information we used to determine your claim for Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Reduction.
Please tell us if:
- You change address
- You change tenancy or get a new landlord
- You wish to change the way we pay benefit or who we pay it to
- You change your name; your job; your benefits, income or savings; or if your partner or other people who you live with have changes like this
- Someone moves out of your property or a new person moves in
- Child Benefit ceases for a dependant
If you are not sure, please tell us anyway.
Please tell us about any changes within 1 month of the change taking place. If you fail to inform us within a month and the change would increase your entitlement then the change will not be backdated and you will lose out on any extra benefit/reduction you otherwise would have been entitled to. If the change reduces your entitlement, we will recover any overpayment.