Bitts Park includes several distinct areas:
- * Victoria Park – a combination of formal lawns and floral displays with a large statue of Queen Victoria as it’s centrepiece
- * The Hollow – sunken area adjacent to Hardwicke Circus and Eden Bridge, with spectacular rhododendron displays and golden weeping willow trees
- * Garden of Memories – small formal area for quiet reflection, created in partnership with Eden Valley Hospice
- * Riverside Trail – tranquil area of mature trees and vegetation managed for the benefit of wildlife
Carlisle City Council provide a variety of activities within the park:
- * Play Area – large and well-appointed play area catering for children of all ages and abilities
- * Splash Park – interactive water feature located within the play area (please note only active between Easter – October, temperature dependent)
- * Skate Park – large and robust area located to the west of Carlisle Castle
- * Running Routes – a running/walking route of three optional distances is way marked throughout the park
- * Brand new outdoor gym facility for 2018
Further facilities are provided by Greenwich Leisure Ltd who can be contacted by calling 01228 591628:
- * Open air and under cover tennis courts
- * Refreshments kiosk
Bitts Park Aerial High Ropes Course is provided by Urban Adventure who can be contacted by calling 0800 9177449.
- Bitts Park is open all day, every day.