Heysham Park is divided into four themed areas, beginning at the edge of the City at the West:
- The Country Park lies between the Western boundary of the City and Marks Avenue. Informal footpaths wind between areas of conservation grassland, the Parham Beck and historic field boundary hedges.
- The Play Park is located between Marks Avenue and Shadygrove Road. This area has been recently renovated and is characterised by avenues of trees and swathes of daffodils.
- The Flower Park stretches from Shadygrove Road to Raffles Avenue and contains numerous significant trees and formal shrub beds.
- Beck Field lies at the Eastern end of the park, between Raffles Avenue and Mardale Road and consists of a large area of mown amenity grassland suitable for various recreational activities.
Numerous facilities are provided throughout the park:
- Play areas – modern play areas suitable for children of all ages are located within the Country Park, to the rear of Green Lane and the Play Park, adjacent to Thomlinson Avenue
- Multi Use Games Area – a floodlit all weather full size playing surface suitable for a variety of activities, located in Beck Field off Raffles Avenue.
- Kickaround – junior size goal posts are provided at Castlesteads Drive, the rear of Heysham Park Avenue and Thomlinson Avenue for informal ball games.
- The Living Well Trust operate a small indoor sports facility adjacent to the multi use games area in Beck Field.
Heysham Park is open all day, every day