We have successfully achieved/identified over £9 million in transformational savings since 2010/11 and have a solid financial base in order to set our 2022/23 budget.
A saving requirement has been calculated of £2.050million in 2023/24.
The 2022/23 budget consultation period has now ended
How are we going to save money?
We are committed to protecting front-line services, such as waste and street cleaning, and especially to our most vulnerable residents, but we have to take some tough decisions about our services and future spending.
We are determined to protect important services by doing things differently, such as:
- Working in partnership with other councils or organisations;
- Buying in services (where it makes good financial sense);
- Looking at transferring services to alternative providers and to community groups, if appropriate;
- Focusing on raising more income from our own assets; and
- Making our services even more efficient.
We welcome your views and suggestions as to how we can meet these financial challenges.