Which Bin Do I Use
We offer a range of containers to help you to recycle and manage your rubbish. You can collect green boxes, White bags, green bags and seagull proof sacks from the Civic Centre during office hours. Alternatively, please use the online form on the right to arrange delivery of any of these containers and wheeled bins. Charges apply to some containers.
Improvements to kerbside recycling services from 12 June 2017
We are extending kerbside recycling to more properties and asking residents to sort their recycling slightly differently.
The changes include:
- Food and drinks cartons (tetrapaks) can be recycled along with cardboard and paper in your green bags.
- Paper will now be collected from a green bag, instead of a green box.
- Collection days, weeks and times may also have changed - please check your calendar carefully and place your containers out by 7am so you don't miss the collection.
- Refuse wheeled bins and garden waste wheeled bins (as applicable) are emptied together on the same day (different vehicles) - see the purple key on your calendar for both bin collection dates and the black key (for refuse bin only) during the winter months, when garden waste is not collected.
- Green Boxes and Green Bags are emptied together on the same day by the same crew
- If you need green boxes or green bags, please collect them from the Civic Centre or to order a delivery call 01228 817200 or email: [email protected]
For more information on which items can be recycled in each container please see our how to recycle guide. New waste collection calendars have now been posted to all residents. You can check your calendar using the postcode finder.